CONGRATS NEW CONDUS MEMBER!
Congratulations on your new study place and welcome to study in Helsinki University’s Educational Sciences Faculty!
Condus is our faculty’s fore- and co-operation organisation that brings together all member organisation’s students. Condus’ purpose is to advance co-operation and create spirit in our faculty. Our members are all our faculty’s student organisations and also a few organisations that moved out from Educational Sciences faculty in 2017. By joining your own student organisation you will also become a member of Condus!
See you in fall!
WHAT MEANS A STUDENT ORGANISATION?
Student organisation is an association which brings together one or more major’s students. By joining your own student organisation you will ensure trusteeship to your support in issues regarding your studies. Student organisations also organize free time events and activities. The easiest way to join your own student organisation operation is by participating in their meetings. Many organisations elect their new board in fall in association meetings. Information about your organisation’s meetings and board can be found from their email lists, social media and Discord. You can find your own student organisation from here.
WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE HAPPENS?
From a freshman’s viewpoint, the most important events in the fall are Fuksiaiset. One of the fall’s main events is the city orientation Condus Amazing Race. In addition to these, also one of the funniest events in freshman fall is HYY Freshman Adventures. Condus also organizes super popular sitsis and anniversary fest in April. Laskiainen and Vappu we celebrate interdisciplinary with other faculties.
FROM WHERE AND WHEN DO I GET THE OVERALLS?
Every student organisation takes care of obtaining their own overalls, often freshmans are by themselves responsible for obtaining sponsors and overalls. Usually students get their overalls in the end of fall or in the beginning of spring. More information can be asked from tutors and your own student organisations board.
DOES CONDUS HAVE AN EMAIL LIST?
Condus doesn’t have its own email list, but every member organisation has. Through organisations email lists we inform students for example events or student rights issues. So it’s worth joining your own student organisation’s list. The most current info you can find from our social media or Discord-server. (Coming soon to all Penkeree’s students.)
- Receive the studyplace, you get the instructions it via email or post.
- Sign up to be a present student to the university and pay the Student Union fee. More info here.
- Remember to also pay university student’s healthcare fee to Kela, so that you get FSHS services for your use! https://www.kela.fi/web/en/healthcare-fee-for-students-in-higher-education
- Apply for a study grant and general housing allowance.
- Order student card and/or download Frank-app.
- Obtain your university’s user account.
- Obtain travel card or update it to student status.
- Obtain Helsinki university library card.
- Come check out our Facebook and follow us on Instagram (@condusry).
- More useful links you can find from here.